This is the first post of a sequence in which I lay out my philosophy of everything. Yes, you are very right to be worried. This is a terrible idea, and it tends to lead to confusion, madness, and worse – academese writing. And yet, the plan is for each of the following to eventually transform into a green link to a post:
- How I think about reality (this post).
- How I think about free will and desert.
- How I think about desires, motivations, and values.
- How I think about morality.
- How I think about happiness.
- How I think about meaning.
Already, you may be encouraged. Each section is titled “How I think about X” instead of “How to think about X” or, Aristotle forbid, “What is X”. My goal is neither to get an A in philosophy class nor to win an argument and own the libs.